Tuesday, April 10, 2012



This is my attempt at remaking an already genius cover for the book American Shaolin  by Matthew Polly

He describes disliking tradition american ways and moving to China to be a Shaolin Monk, and this is why his back is to a dirty American flag. This is a photo of myself, I am not bald. I used several photo shop techniques to make my self bald by taking another persons bald head and blending it into mine
using
Hue and Saturation adjustments
Refined edge
Burn tool
shadows.


3 comments:

  1. I like all the effects you used, you brought the cover to life. I cannot see the authors name though.If it were on the red stripe instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea!

    Thanks for the positive feedback. I agree that it could be easier to read. I need to keep in mind that i use a 23" monitor for creating images. One lesson that I obviously have not learned from my HTML class. HA.

    ReplyDelete